[Valid Atom 1.0]

sexta-feira, 11 de março de 2011

#prayforjapan, #tsunami, #japon, #japao #jishin Japan Earthquake and Tsunami









Streaming live video by Ustream



Japan Earthquake and Tsunami | Nippon jishin to tsunamih1>
div>

a>p>

I was woken by the telephone ringing at 4 am. At first I ignored the telephone ringing but thought who calls me early in the morning. I am glad I picked up the phone. It was my son alertinga> me about the earthquake in Japan and the tsunami. He wanted me to learn about what was going on in Japan and to not be too alarmed. Always the calm youngster looking out for others..god bless his kind heart for thinking of us when he should have been thinking of himself. His girlfriend is stuck in an airport in Japan and his friends live near a sea wall. We were both were stunned when his friend was on the phone, went to the seawall and said he was still going to walk his dog despite the tsunami. I had not grasp the full magnitude of the situation until I watched in horror on UStream live coveragea> of the earthquake. I start reading the news reportsa>, tweetsa> and Facebooka> messages. My son conveyed to me that he was capable of handling the his situation but he was concerned for his dear girlfriend who is stranded at the airport with minimal resources and no transportation. As much as I wanted to jumped into my car and drive to the end of the earth…he ensured me their was nothing I can do nor can I drive over 6000 miles to the island. I am speechless as I watched the quake ripple through the island on my computer screen. I stayed on the phone for at least 4 hours until the telephones died…he assured me that he would be fine, he was worried about his girlfriend more than anything. #PrayforJapan and the world. Our prayers go out to all the friends and family members of people affected by this disaster.p>

span>p>

Google has launched a Japanese-language Person Finder toola> to help victims and families locate one another. Google announced the Person Finder tool on Twitter. “Google Person Finder available after earthquake in Japan to help you get information about loved ones,” read a tweeta> from the official Google account. Google has launched the Google Crisis Centera>p>

The catastrophic earthquake struck Northern Japan, 150 miles off the coasta>. The quake hit on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 06:25:51 UTC, with a magnitude of 8.9. This is one one of the highest earthquakes ever recorded on eartha>. The quake is being described as roughly 1,000 times the size of the 2010 Haiti earthquakea>, in terms of total energy released. The USGS reports that this is the 5th strongest earthquake in the world since 1900.p>

The Pacific Tsunami Center has issued a warning not only for Japana>, where a 10-meter (33 foot) high tsunami is already sweeping the country, but for the coast of Russia, Marcus Island, Guam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Marshall Island, Midway Island, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea.p>

Live coverage on CNN International, Al Jazeeraa>, and NHKa>, is showing massive tsunami waves of debris, mud, and flame wiping out massive sections of coastline. We are watching people dying, swept up in these massive waves of mud and debris.p>

Reddit threada> with relevant links.p>

Wikipedia page: 2011 Sendai Earthquake and Tsunamia>.p>

YouTube’s Citizentubea> is curating raw videos from eyewitnesses.p>

The Pentagon said there was no reported damage to any US ships or facilities based in Japan, with all US military personnel in Japan accounted for. State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said that US Ambassador to Japan John Roos has moved the US Embassy’s command center “to an alternate location as a precaution given the many aftershocks in Tokyo.”p>
People concerned about U.S. citizens affected by the Japan earthquake can contact JapanEmergencyUSC@state.gov. If you are concerned about a specific U.S. citizen in the tsunami zone outside of Japan, e-mail PacificTsunamiUSC@state.gov.span>h6>

If you are interested in making a donation or offering your services to help the victims of this natural disaster, please visit Global Givinga>, American Red Crossa> Or text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your phone.p>





RT @SFLRedCrossa>: Contact the US State Department 1-888-407-4747 or 202-647-5225 for inquiries on US citizens living/traveling in #tsunamia>p>



LAST


Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: