[Valid Atom 1.0]

terça-feira, 9 de novembro de 2010

#gastronomia Devil’s Food Cake for Design Sponge



Devil's Food Cake

I am a big fan of Design Sponge’s “In The Kitchen With” column. Every Friday, they feature talented cooks, bakers, photographers and food stylists from all around the world and publish a recipe for the rest of us to drool over. So when Kristina asked me if I’d like to contribute a recipe and photos for the column, I was simply floored.

Here’s what I came up with: Devil’s Food Cake with Whipped Biscoff Ganache and Chocolate Shards.

Moist and fluffy cake layers with a velvety ganache in the middle. Pure comfort food.

Devil's Food Cake 2

Presentation is everything and it really doesn’t have to be laborious. You are going to love these chocolate shards. You simply melt chocolate, spread it thinly on a parchment paper, roll it into a tube, chill and unroll. That’s it. Hearing the chocolate breaking into shards as you unroll the tube is priceless.

Biscoff Spread

The ganache part incorporates a recent addiction of mine: Biscoff spread. Also known as Speculoos cream in some parts of the world, it is a spread made with the famous Belgian spicy cookies. My dad got me hooked on the cookies a while ago (they are fantastic with coffee), but I wasn’t aware of the spread until I read it on David’s blog. I immediately ordered six (ahem) jars and… Well, I’ll never be the same. Looking back (at the empty jars), I am quite surprised that I was able to save a jar for this recipe. It is that good. For those who have never tasted it: If you like gingersnap cookies, you’re going to love it.

Devil's Food Cake

Check out the full article, complete set of photos and the recipe for Devil’s Food Cake here.

Many thanks to Kristina and Design Sponge for this wonderful opportunity.

Have a nice weekend and Happy Halloween!





LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: