[Valid Atom 1.0]

quinta-feira, 2 de dezembro de 2010

#gastronomia : Lime and Honey-Glazed Salmon One-Pot Meal



I was so taken by the ‘lime’ and ‘honey’ part of this recipe that I didn’t realize it was a one-pot meal until I got started. What’s that about ‘mis en place’ (everything in its place) and reading a recipe? Although I highly recommend it, who really has the time? These days, I seem to prefer rapid-paced chopping to actual preparedness. Well, the one-pot meal was a pleasant surprise nonetheless and let me just say, I was super impressed with the turnout. You just gotta love a dish that’s easy, quick and delicious. Imagine my surprise when all the components had so much flavor and the salmon was as moist as could be?!

Salmon is one of those foods I’ve had to force myself to like for health benefits. Don’t worry, I try not to do that very often. Here’s the trick: buy Norwegian salmon (Sockeye is way too strong if you’re not a salmon lover), and really evaluate a recipe’s flavors before attempting it. I only prepare salmon that will have big flavor as a result. If I can’t stop eating it, I know the dish is a success, as was the case here! Enjoy with a glass of vino – salut!

Lime and Honey-Glazed Salmon with Basmati and Broccolini
Adapated from Bon Appétit

¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for sprinkling
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ cup sliced shallots (about 3 large)
1 ½ cups basmati rice
3 ¼ (or more) low-sodium chicken broth
4 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 bunch broccolini, bottom inch trimmed

Preheat oven to 450ºF.

Whisk lime juice, lime zest, honey, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.

Heat oil in a large, deep ovenproof skillet or casserole (or Dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until beginning to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, then 3 ¼ cups broth; bring to a boil. Cover skillet tightly with lid; place in oven and bake 10 minutes (rice will be almost cooked through and most of the broth will be absorbed (mix in broth by ¼-cupfuls if dry).

Remove skillet from oven. Sprinkle rice lightly with salt. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange on rice, pressing the salmon in lightly. Tuck broccolini in around fish, with stems anchored in rice. Spoon 1 tablespoon lime mixture over each salmon fillet. Cover skillet and return to oven.

Bake until salmon is just opaque in center and broccolini is crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.

Drizzle remaining lime mixture oven fish and rice; sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro and serve from skillet.





LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: