[Valid Atom 1.0]

quarta-feira, 10 de novembro de 2010

#gastronomia Rainbow Cupcakes



So when it came time for our school's bake sale a week ago, I thought Rainbow Cupcakes would be fun for a change. I was right, they were the first ones to go because children cannot resist color and lots of it. They even beat out the luscious chocolate cupcakes I made. It is Rainbow Cupcakes from now on!


This is simple to do by dividing the batter equally among six small bowls- I used yellow cake mix for deeper hues. Color each bowl of batter a different color. I made- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.


Layer colored batter in the order of a rainbow's colors into cupcake liners and bake according to the package directions. Remember the order? ROY G. BIV: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo (I skipped this one), and violet.


I wanted the frosting to go in a swirl of rainbow colors too so I used a technique Ma taught me years ago from her cake decorating classes. To get your frosting to go on in a swirl of color, dye regular buttercream frosting into three separate colors; I used pink, blue, and yellow.


Unfortunately I did not have jewel toned frosting colors to match the cupcakes, so I did mix jewel tones with pastels. Alert Stacy and Clinton. This did bother me a little at first but one can't cry over cupcakes now can they? Place spoonfuls of each color side by side in a pastry bag working your way to the top of the bag. It is easier if you turn the bag inside out like you do when putting on pantyhose- at least for you ladies- and working your way up. Once the frosting is piped on your cupcakes, you will notice other colors like green, purple, and orange.


Starting at 12 o'clock on the outer edge of each cupcake and using constant pressure on the pastry bag, pipe frosting clockwise for three rotations, working your way toward the center ending in a little peak.


At the bake sale we placed each cupcake in a 9 ounce plastic punch cup and invited the children to decorate the cupcakes they had purchased. The cups caught all spills, and let me say there were some big spills. The decorated cupcakes were then placed in cellophane party bags and tied with a pretty ribbon for transporting home.


I can't wait to find an excuse to make these again. They brought smiles to many little faces.



LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: