[Valid Atom 1.0]

sábado, 29 de outubro de 2011

'American Idol' contestant Lauren Alaina on her dramatic weight loss: 'I wear size small'


The singer lost 25 pounds during her time on the Fox show

Saturday, October 29 2011, 12:43 AM

Lauren Alaina changed her diet and workout routine to achieve her dramatic weight loss.
Mike Coppola/Getty; Jemal Countess/Getty
Lauren Alaina changed her diet and workout routine to achieve her dramatic weight loss.

"American Idol" can teach you a lot more than how to be a better singer.

Lauren Alaina, 16, was a contestant on the show and lost 25 pounds during her time there.

But how did she balance a stressful routine of practicing and still manage to lose weight?

"Changing my diet was the big thing," the singer told Us Weekly. "I had to learn correct portion control."

Managing her weight has long been a struggle for Alaina.

The country singer, whose first album "Wildflower" debuted on the Billboard Top 200 charts at number five, talked to Access Hollywood last month about her struggle with weight.

"As a girl, a teenage girl, without even wanting to, you constantly compare yourself to other girls. It's like I was in this competition with all these beautiful girls," said Alaina. "Sometimes it would swallow me up. I would compare myself to those other girls to the point where it would make me sick, because I'm not like heavy, heavy, but I'm not the skinniest girl in the world."

The high school junior found a meal delivery service helpful for the initial stages of her new diet.

She used of the delivery service to help her make the transition from her old eating habits to a new high-protein and low-carb diet.

"I eat an egg-white omelet for breakfast, shrimp and veggies for lunch and chicken with asparagus for dinner," Alaina said to Us.

Her daily workout routine includes "lots of squats" along with crunches and pushups.

The singer's looking great but says she hasn't yet reached her ideal weight yet.

"I'm 10 pounds from my goal -- almost there," she said. "I wear size small and extra-small now!"



LAST







Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: