Amy Winehouse (Pic: Getty Images) Amy Winehouse (Pic: Getty Images)

News of Amy Winehouse’s death spread quickly yesterday and a host of celebrities recorded their shock on Twitter.

Singer Nicki Minaj wrote: “Please tell me Amy Winehouse didn't die. Is this some sick joke?”

While child star Selena Gomez said: “Amy Winehouse died?! I was dancing to Valerie last week,you serious? See how drugs kill people? R.I.P”

Advertisement >>

Former Spice Girl Emma Bunton said: “Such sad news about Amy Winehouse. My thoughts are with her family.”

And Granny-winner Leann Rimes tweeted: “RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad.”

Actor David Boreanaz said: "RIP Amy Winehouse. Tragic loss at such a young age."

A shell-shocked Liz McClarnon wrote: “Oh my god!! Is it true about Amy winehouse?? Oh god!!”

Former Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry said: “Amy Winehouse. What a tragic end to such an incredible talent.”

And Canadian pop singer Melissa Molinaro tweeted: “Wait what?? Amy Winehouse is dead?? So sad...she was such a talent.”