[Valid Atom 1.0]

terça-feira, 6 de julho de 2010

Gunman Raoul Moat declares war on police in letter saying he will kill more officers

www.telegraph.co.uk

Gunman Raoul Moat warned Northumbria Police that he had “declared war” on the force and would not stop killing officers until he is dead.

y Nick Collins
Published: 6:30AM BST 06 Jul 2010

Raoul Moat: gunman's letter to police
Raoul Moat said he was sorry for shooting Samantha Stobbart but claimed she was partly to blame for his actions after having an affair. Photo: NORTH NEWS

In a 49-page rambling, handwritten letter, Moat attempted to explain why he had shot three people, including his former girlfriend.

Moat said he was sorry for shooting Samantha Stobbart but claimed she was partly to blame for his actions after having an affair.


He told police he posed no threat to the public but that he would continue his campaign of retribution against officers.

The letter, which was riddled with spelling errors, was given to a friend, Andy Mcallister, who gave it to police.

Moat wrote: “I’m not on the run, I will keep killing police until I am dead.”

Mr Mcallister said Moat told him he had been outside the home of Miss Stobbart and became increasingly angry as he listened to her talk to boyfriend Chris Brown for more than an hour. When he could take no more he shot them.

He wrote: “I’m a killer and a maniac but I’m no coward.”

Referring to the incident in which he shot traffic officer Pc David Rathband in his car on Sunday morning, Moat wrote: “Last night I called 999 and declared war on Northumbria Police before shooting an officer on the West End A69 roundabout in his T5.”

He added: “I rang again and told them they’re going to pay for what they’ve done to me and Sam. I went straight but they couldn’t let it go.

“The public need not fear me but the police should as I won’t stop till I’m dead. They took it all from me, kids, freedom, house, then Sam and Chanel. Where could I go from there, obviously I have issues but I was pushed.”

He attempted to excuse his actions by claiming he was in mental turmoil and that he had been driven to the shootings because Miss Stobbart had told him their relationship was over.

He wrote: “I still love her despite everything but my head is a mess right now and I know I’m too far gone to make much sense of it. I’ve slept one hour per night for three weeks now.

“I am very sorry about Sam, and wish I hadn’t shot at her. Just make sure she stays alive. I never cheated on her, I wish she hadn’t on me. She pulled the trigger by doing so just as much as me.”



๑۩۞۩๑๑۩۞۩๑๑۩۞۩๑๑۩۞۩๑๑۩۞۩๑


LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters