If you’re making these to just eat, no need to get fancy but if you’re making them for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day, you’ll want to check out Wilton’s selection of cookie cutters. They have this really nice set of heart shaped cutters that includes 4 different sizes and 2 of them with scalloped edges that would be great for fancy shaped cookies.
In a small jelly roll pan you can press the treats thin enough to cut with the heart shaped cutters. If you look closely you can even see the large chunks of melted milk chocolate that just kinda burst in your mouth as you’re taking a bite.
With a piping bag (or plastic sandwich bag) you can frost these with pretty designs in a cream cheese frosting that makes them even sweeter.
Share ‘em, eat ‘em, whatever you do, don’t leave them unattended and expect to find anything left but crumbs left over. They’re that good!
|Red Velvet Rice Krispies Treats Hearts|
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (about 1/2 10oz bag)
- 1/3 cup Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix (just the powder)
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate baking chips
- 1 tub Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and cake mix, stirring frequently until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal, then chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased jelly roll pan and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cut each heart with a cookie cutter and frost with the cream cheese frosting.