[Valid Atom 1.0]

quinta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2011

#gastronomia : Top Ten Recipes of 2010


December 31, 2010

filed in: Recipe Roundup

Post image for Top Ten Recipes of 2010

I started this food blog a bit over a year ago with the notion of challenging myself to a new activity quite different from my 30-year career as a consultant to urban poverty alleviation programs in the developing world. Cooking and the creativity associated with recipe development have always been a joy to me. And so I settled on the idea of blogging about my own original spin on comfort food classics.

I’ve loved every minute of this blog’s first year, the fun I’ve had experimenting in the kitchen, the new friends I’ve made, and the many things I’ve learned along the way. This post provides a recap of the ten most popular recipes at Modern Comfort Food during 2010 as a “thank you” to readers who’ve been kind enough to join me here. Let me wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.

Carrot Cake with Pecan Coconut Frosting

With a bit of help from my dear mom, a rich carrot cake with a German chocolate cake style frosting of toasted pecans and flaked coconut.

Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers, 7-Layer Dip Style

Baked bell peppers stuffed with a lighter variation on classic Tex-Mex 7-layer dip: seasoned black beans, sour cream flavored with chipotle peppers and cilantro, avocados, cheese, fresh tomatoes, green onions, and black olives. A vegetarian option is provided.

Key Lime Cheesecake Bars

Simple, tangy, and delicious key lime cheesecake bars with a graham cracker and almond crumb crust.

Green Tomato Salsa Verde

For fellow gardeners everywhere, a spicy green tomato salsa, a la Mexican-style salsa verde, with fresh green chilies, onions, garlic, lemon, cilantro, and cumin.

Sangria Upside Down Cake

A “new fashioned” upside down cake with the flavors of sangria. Includes red wine, fresh oranges, plums, kiwis, and a light brandy flavored glaze.

Mom’s Hot German Potato Salad

Hot “German” potato salad, just like Mom used to make, with sliced red potatoes, crunchy bacon, onions, and celery in a zesty sweet and sour dressing.

Blueberry Cheese Danish Cake

A simple and moist buttermilk cake baked with a topping of lemony cream cheese, fresh blueberries, and sliced almonds, in the manner of a blueberry cheese Danish pastry.

Tomato, Corn and Cheese Tart with Basil

With ingredients from my family’s North Carolina organic farm and dairy, a late summer harvest tart of fresh tomatoes, corn, onions, basil, bacon, and cheese.

Green Chili Cilantro Cornbread

An extra spicy version of my beloved Southern cornbread flavored with green chilies, fresh cilantro, green onions, corn, cumin, and coriander.

Chicken Parmesan Pot Pie with Mushrooms

An easy, “company’s coming” chicken pot pie flavored with mushrooms, leeks, artichoke hearts, fresh thyme, white wine, and parmesan cheese.




LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: