[Valid Atom 1.0]

sábado, 20 de novembro de 2010

#gastronomia : Tangy Apricot Frozen Yogurt


Tangy Apricot Frozen Yogurt

I found some fresh apricots in the grocery store and snatched them up. After leaving the grocery store, I realized that I forgot the ice cream and in this heat we are all screaming for ice cream. I pretty much always have vanilla yogurt in the fridge so I thought I would attempt to make frozen yogurt with my apricots. The natural tang from the apricots mixed with the yogurt made for a pretty tangy dessert, but my kids LOVED it. Any fruit would be great in this recipe with the sugar adjusted to the sweetness of the fruit. I can’t wait to try strawberries and if only I had some blackberries. A refreshing treat to cool you down, it doesn’t get any easier than this!

Tangy Apricot Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:

8 fresh apricots, peeled, halved and seed removed

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon lemon juice

2 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt

Directions:

Add apricots, sugar and lemon juice into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Add yogurt and process until all is combined, about 30 seconds. Pour into ice cream freezer and follow directions. Serve immediately or store in covered container until ready to serve.



LAST

Sphere: Related Content
26/10/2008 free counters

Nenhum comentário: